Monday, April 5, 2010

Lead Us to the Cross

A Good Friday meditation based on the song, Lead Me to the Cross.


I don’t want to look.
I don’t want to see.
My savior is betrayed
Denied
Alone
Mocked shouted at.
I can’t watch
Because when I look I see that it is me who has done these things to you
I am the one who betrays you.
I am the one who denies you.
I am the one who leaves you.
I am the one who mocks you.

You spoke forgiveness
You shared love
You preached good news
You helped the poor, lame, and blind.
You send the kingdom of God was at hand.
This is not how it is suppose to end.
Where is the glory?
Where is the kingdom?

But when I look deeper I am lead to see something else.
When I look deeper I see you give yourself up freely.
I see you give yourself over to the Father’s will.
I see you heal those who came to arrest you.
I see you offer the kingdom even to a criminal.
I see you concerned about women and children who weep for you.
I see you ask for our forgiveness.
I see you give your spirit into the hands of God.

Even there at the cross you lead us.
You lead us to see forgiveness, mercy, and love
Lead us again and again to the cross to see you offer yourself for us.
Lead us to the cross to see our sin and your forgiveness.
Lead us to the cross to quiet our souls.
Lead us to the cross to your heart.
Lead us to the cross to see through our sin and death to your forgiveness and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment